1. EDITING COMPUTER: Apple Mac Pro Specifications: 2 Intel Quad Core Xeon, 6.0GB~dubbed by Apple as the fastest Mac ever!
Secondary PC: Upgraded HP D330: Intel Pentium 4(R) 2.0GB
2. EDITING SOFTWARE: Final Cut Pro 6
Comment from fcpproducer.com (a professional U.S. based FCP user)
"Another fine example of the power Final Cut Pro. It has been used by Independent filmmakers for years and is currently being used more for Hollywood films and Broadcast TV. I recall when I first learned Final Cut Pro I went to an editing boutique in NYC for an assistant editing position. They laughed and told me that FCP would never be the status quo and I better learn AVID. Some people never want to give someone a chance to learn on another system…so I left, without job. That boutique is now out of business and FCP is in high demand."
3. HANDYCAM: Sony FX7
Manufacturer Description: Sony High Definition HDR-FX7E 3CMOS It’s all in the details. And with the HDR-FX7 Handycam camcorder, you’ll capture every last one of them in high-definition. The first consumer level HDV 1080i recorder and player in the world turns all your memories into masterpieces. With a 20x optical zoom Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T Lens and 1.2-megapixel image capture to Memory Stick Duo media, your moments will never fade away. Additionally, when you record video in high-definition, you can dual-record still images at the same time. So no matter the occasion, the HDR-FX7 is the perfect camcorder.
4. EQUIPMENT: Steadicam Merlin (U.S.) A Steadicam is a stabilizing mount for a motion picture camera, which mechanically isolates the operator's movement from the camera, allowing a very smooth shot even when the operator is moving quickly over an uneven surface. The smallest, lightest Steadicam which can be used with a support arm and vest is the Steadicam Merlin.
5. Equipment: Glidetrack HD Hybrid (Scotland)
DSLR cameras are swiftly driving convergence of conventional photography and cinematography. Designed to help professional and amateur film makers make great video, Glidetrack products produce smooth tracking (sideways) camera shots, adding an extra element of professionalism to your shooting.
The new Glidetrack Hybrid slider system, developed exclusively in conjunction with Igus (r), has been designed to offer an evolution of the traditional plain Drylin carriage systems. In addition to the traditional drylin self lubricating liners, the new carriage now runs on four self lubricating, dry running roller bearings. As a result, The Glidetrack Hybrid Carriage requires 4-5 times less force to move than the traditional Drylin liners.
6. Equipment: Manfrotto 501HDV Fluid Head (Italy) The Manfrotto 501HDV is a video head which features a counterbalance spring to ensure smooth movements. It features separate pan and tilt locks, and a gradual tilt friction adjustment system. Uses the 501PL quick release plate. Ideal accessory for the Glidetrack HD range.
7. Sony FX7 + Manfrotto 501HDV + Glidetrack
8. HD-DSLR: Canon 5D Mark II (coming soon!!) With Canon 5D, we will introduce a new alternative video format for our clients, full 1080p High Definition. Over time, our soon-to-be-launched "SNOWberry HD" will eventually replace our high quality Standard Definition (SD) format for an unprecedented viewing experience.